Monday, November 7, 2011

Poverty

I think the author Walter Dean Myers talks about poverty in the book "Scorpions".I picked this theme poverty for "Scorpions" because Jamal the main character of the book needs money to support his family.In the book Jamal talks about how money is hard to get. He also talked about how finding a job is hard.The author might be trying to say to get money you have to want it and try very hard to get it.

How would you feel if you couldn't support your family?

5 comments:

  1. Jose, this is a good paragraph, but I still don't understand what the theme of the book is. What is the author saying about money and supporting your family? There are a lot of people who work very hard and still have problems supporting their families. Is this what the author's theme is?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would feel sad and mad because I can't take care of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would feel kind sad and I or anyone else will try all there might

    ReplyDelete
  5. If i had no money i would loose my mind and try my best to support them as best i could

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.