Hello and welcome to our 8th grade Literature class at AMS! Here we will write about the books we are currently reading in our Humanities and Literature classes. We will also hold discussions about these books so that we can question the character's actions and motivations and build a community of thinkers.

“We read to know that we are not alone.”
― C.S. Lewi
― C.S. Lewi

“A great book should leave you with many experiences, and slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading.”
― William Styron
― William Styron

“Until I feared I would lose it, I never loved to read. One does not love breathing.”
― Harper Lee, To Kill a Mockingbird
― Harper Lee, To Kill a Mockingbird

“The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go.”
― Dr. Seuss, I Can Read With My Eyes Shut!
― Dr. Seuss, I Can Read With My Eyes Shut!
― Paul Sweeney

“Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers.”
― Charles William Eliot
― Charles William Eliot

“If you don't have time to read, you don't have the time (or the tools) to write. Simple as that.”
― Stephen King
― Stephen King

“Books are the plane, and the train, and the road. They are the destination, and the journey. They are home.”
― Anna Quindlen, How Reading Changed My Life
― Anna Quindlen, How Reading Changed My Life
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.